Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Where could I work, I need something else, not work from home jobs though?

I have a high school diploma and a forklift safety clroom instruction certificate. I have worked at a golf course cleaning golf clubs, power carts, preparing range buckets and getting golfers ready for there game and isting them after the game to put there clubs away. I also have cleaning and light repairs, preparing equipment and fields for certain sports at a local sports facility. I am now working in a warehouse as a hand packer, although I am only meant to be there as a temporary. I got laid off from the golf course after I asked for more than 3 hours a day, and since management changed it is totally run differently now, I was there for 14 hours a day before and we had one person to go to for any problem, then it became whoever was the highest in rank over there and she hated me since I had more hours than anybody in the history of the golf course, so she cut my hours back to 3 a day. I was there for about 6 weeks in 2009 and I was there for late april to early june 2010. I am still employed at the sports facility, but I am an on-call worker, so I work maybe once every 6 weeks plus special events and I have been there since 2007 (I got the golf course and sports facility job because of my dad). I recently started in a warehouse, but I can't get used to working 2 day shifts, 2 days off, 2 night shifts, 3 days off, for 12 hours a day, in 130 degree heat with no breaks, no liquid allowed and no food in the stomach. I just got fed up and started thinking of another job when my boss asked me to work friday night, saturday during the day and saturday night, which would be a 36 hours in a row, I think that is unreasonable. true I am getting 48 hours a week and making 40 cents above minimum wage, but I am really unhappy about my job. I am wondering if there is any job I could do that would be a bit easier, and maybe a bit less hard on the body, because I do have weakness in my legs, back and shoulders, and I do have depression too. I also have a mild allergy to dust, so I sneeze every 15-20 minutes at work and its annoying. I don't have to worry about rent, all I have to worry about is my cell phone, my car and my food, which runs at about 250$ a month altogether, and minimum wage is 9$ an hour, soon to go to 9,50$ an hour and up to 10$ an hour. I know I pull in like 425$ after taxes, but I just got in because I needed a job, now I just wish I could start in a store somewhere, but I can't seem to find any that are hiring. I prefer the night shift, but I can adapt to the day shift too. I can do repetitive tasks, I can work long hours, as long as I have a 30 minute break every few hours and I don't mind working with people, although I am not the best people person around, I can adapt to it. I live in new-brunswick, Canada and I would rather not work for friends and family, so it can be a bit tricky finding work, but list me any ideas. I also love working with animals and just watching how they behave all day, if it helps (although no pet stores are hiring and we do not have a zoo in the area anymore, they moved like an hour and a half away)

0 comments:

Post a Comment